Them: “Al, doesn’t that get on your nerves? There’s no way I would want work with my wife and be together with her all day, every day.”
Me: “I understand dude. There’s no way I would want to be with YOUR wife all day every day either… but I LOVE doing so with mine.“
I made a career change after a decade as a corporate Marketing Manager and Copywriter and became a teacher at the age of 50 three years ago.
My wife has been a teacher for the past twenty years.
Before then, in our 20’s, we opened a beauty supply store ‘TWO-GETHER’…
In our 40’s we launched our music ministry, literally ‘making beautiful music ‘TWO-GETHER’…
But, she has always inspired me to become a part of the ministry of teaching. She’s a phenomenal math teacher.
When I started, we were teaching in two different local districts, but then God did the amazing… He opened the door for us to both teach at THE SAME SCHOOL.
I’ve heard so many couples who seem as though they can’t wait to get time apart from one another, but not us.
Even after 34 years of marriage we LOVE being ‘TWO-GETHER’, so this was a dream come true.
HERE’S 10 REASONS WHY THE COUPLE THAT TEACHES AT THE SAME SCHOOL TWO-GETHER, STAYS TWO-GETHER…
1. We help each other pack lunches and get out of the house on time.
2. We get to have a therapeutic ride to work together every day.
3. We have the opportunity check in on one another during breaks to make sure the day is going okay.
4. We help each other remember duties and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment of high expectations.
5. We give other tips, advice and help through the daily challenges .
6. We enjoy a therapeutic ride home together.
7. We help each other with the duties we take home.
8. We save money on the daily commute.
9. We get our breaks, holidays and summers together!
10. We can totally relate to each other’s job related joys and challenges!
Ecclesiastes 4:9-11 (ESV)
9 Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil.10 For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! 11 Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone?
After 34 years of marriage…God has given us something for which we have hoped for years. Hallelujah!