Sometimes as soon as your feet hit the floor it seems that trouble is waiting for you. It may carry over from the day before, or you can wake up in a great mood and helplessly see everything around you spiraling downward.
You feel helpless. As much as you struggle to get a handle on things, they slip right through your fingers.
Sometimes its even after you prayed for peace, for direction, for protection…for God to bless your day.
How could He allow such calamity when you just asked Him for peace.
Think about this. It’s easy to have peace in a peaceful situation, But, how can you know that God has given you true peace unless you see that you can maintain it when surrounded by trouble.
Sometimes God allows trouble to show you He answered your prayer for peace. To prove to you that your peace is established in Him, and not what’s going on around you…
John 14:27 (NKJV)
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
So I encourage you, that when your day starts off ‘bad’…TRUST GOD through it…
- Tell God that you love Him and you trust Him. The devil wants to manipulate the situation to make you doubt God. He wants to interrupt your prayer life and fellowship with God. He wants you to think God doesn’t hear you or care. There is power in telling God, in the face of the devil, that you love Him and trust Him.
- Get out your bible, bible app, or whatever you use and turn to Psalms. Feed yourself with a book full of encouragement in adversity. Read several and meditate on them all day. Notice how the Psalms that begin in trouble always end in praise and trusting God.
- Don’t let the trouble provoke you to step outside of God’s character. Don’t curse. Don’t blame. Don’t backslide. Don’t damage your testimony.
- Find a way to give God glory in the situation. Sometimes it’s speaking peace into others who are troubled. Sometimes it’s allowing them to see your resolve in crisis.
- Maintain God’s purpose. Sometimes trouble can lead you to give up or say who cares. Even a momentary lapse in your calling or purpose can cause catastrophic damage. Remember, that God promised through the Apostle Paul that ALL things work TOGETHER for the GOOD of those who LOVE Him and are CALLED according to HIS purpose.
Sorry if you were expecting some magic prayer or exercise to suddenly turn things around. We have to many people of spiritual influence doing that now. That’s not how God works. In fact, that only turns your faith into superstition. God is developing us to conform into the image of His Son…and who’s day started out worse than Jesus’ did a little over 2000 years ago when He went to the cross for us.
Psalm 34:19 (NKJV)
19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
But the Lord delivers him out of them all.